These are the Server Rules for CivEx 3.0, as of November 27th, 2016
- No use of a hacked or cracked Minecraft client.
- No exploiting or distributing bugs, glitches, mods, or loopholes that give an unfair advantage to any player.
- No using an alternate account, aiding banned players in
circumventing their restrictions or aiding other players in breaking any of these rules.
- Raiding and griefing is allowed. Read the rules page for more information
- No hate speech, excess immaturity, doxxing, personal
attacks, releasing personal information, or cyber-mobbing in-game or on the subreddit.
- No paying with, accepting, or soliciting real money for in-game goods and services.
The staff has the right to remove any player from the server, temporarily and/or permanently. If you are unsure about whether something is allowed, ask us first!
1.) No Hacking or Cheating.
- This includes but is not limited to:
- Bug exploitation
- Glitch exploitation
- Bypassing AFK checks
- Intentionally causing lag
- Using a hacked or cracked client
- Any advantage gained by any of the above is subject to be removed
from the game or taken away by the staff. Which includes (but is not limited to):
- Duped materials
- Stolen materials obtained through cheating
- Lag machines
- Any information on any bugs/glitches you find in game should be
reported to the staff immediately so that we might find a fix as quickly as possible.
- Distributing or publicly posting any information about the points listed above is not allowed.
2.) No Alternate Accounts
- Players found to be using alternate accounts will be banned.
- Players found to be breaking this rule will be permanently banned on all accounts.
3.) No Harassment, Hate Speech, Doxxing or Personal Attacks.
- Due to the nature of civ-style servers arguments and conflicts
between players can get pretty heated, however players are expected to remain civil in their interactions with other players.
- Using or divulging personal information of another player without their consent is not allowed.
- Any action taken to negatively affect a player outside of the game is not allowed.
- Moderators will not intervene with interactions between players unless things are taken too far by either party.
- Players are encouraged to use /ignore and /ignoregroup to avoid interactions with players they dislike.
- Players should report continued harrassment to the moderators
whether it happens on the subreddit, through modmail, or in game, through a support ticket.
- Players should send in evidence of harassment in a timely manner or their reports will be ignored.
- Any players engaging in continued harassment will be given a warning and subsequent bans after that.
4.) No knowingly aiding other players in breaking/circumventing server rules.
- Players found to be helping other players in an effort to break the rules will be banned based on the ban policy.
- Continued aiding of banned players will end with a ban similar to that of the players they helped.
5.) No reinforced grief outside of vaults and bunkers or other military-only structures.
- Spiking vaults in order to disable vaults is allowed.
- Interfering with other players bunkers and vaults is allowed and seen as a consequence of conflict.
- Players are expected to be proactive in the protection of their builds and claims.
- Players are not allowed to use reinforced blocks to grief other players.
- Moderators reserve the right to intervene in the event of extreme grief.
6.) No paying with, accepting, or soliciting real money for ingame goods and services.
- Any evidence should be sent to the staff through modmail / ticket
7.) No using server resources to maliciously advertise other minecraft servers, services or games.
- Contact the staff if you want permission to do so.
- Don't assume we’ll allow it- ask us first!
CivEx Moderation Policy
In an effort to better streamline the enforcement of the rules we have created the following moderator policy:
- All minor offenses will follow the following ban structure:
- 1st Offense: 1 Week Ban
- 2nd Offense: 2 Week Ban
- 3rd Offense: 1 Month Ban
- 4th Offense: Permanent with a chance of appeal
- 5th Offense after appeal: Permanent.
- 1st Offense: 1 Week Ban
- We encourage all players to work with us to make their appeal process as smooth as possible.
- Being honest and helpful goes a long way to making the whole process much faster and smoother for anyone involved.
- Being confrontational and aggressive towards the staff will only end in a longer ban.
- In cases that a player acts against the health and best interest
of the server the staff reserve the right to remove them permanently until such a time that the player is found to be fit to return.
- All bans will be handled through the ticket system.
- Moderators will not make posts or comment on the subreddit in threads about specific bans.
- All changes to the rules will be announced within 24 hours of the change being made.
- Changes to the rules are not retroactive and apply after the announcement of the change has been made.
- Players previously banned will not be unbanned due to retroactive changes in the rules.
Revised by Epsilon29, Admin, 11/5/2016